Saturday Ryan and I decided to get together with some of our friends and take the kids roller skating! We dropped Brooklyn off at her papa's house and headed over to Skate City for some evening skating! Because Ryan works for the Police Department we all got in for free...that should have been our first clue!!! Let me tell you skating is NOT what it used to be when we were kids! Anyways...It was both Blake and Allina's first time roller skating, they both did a really good job for it being their first times! Blake got exhausted pretty early, he went around the rink twice and had to take a break...he said "Mom, I am soooooo tired" in the most dramatic tone you can imagine! Allina had a smile from ear to ear...she was really really enjoying the new experience!!! Blake and I took a break since he was "SOOOOOO Tired" and snacked on some nachos while the others skated.
It was kind of cool because we all got to see Ryan in action...even though he wasn't working, he ended up working! While we were at Skate City a fight had broken out... A circle of people gathered around two girls as they were pulling each others hair and pulling each other down to the ground, the other officers working at Skate City as off duty security weren't near by so Ryan skated over, broke through the crowd and pulled the two girls off of each other... (I had to admit I was pretty impressed...I've seen my husband on skates, and let me tell you, it's not pretty...but he didnt even look like he had wheels on his feet!!!) he separated the two and the other officers came and took over the scene... Blake was so fascinated by what he saw his daddy do! The sad part the two girls that were fighting were mother and daughter.



After the fight we decided we would go a couple more rounds around the rink and get the heck out of there... on one of my last rounds Blake tripped me... and I fell...I almost saved myself, but ended up taking a digger, Thanks a lot for saving me Jen (NOT)!!! The kids really enjoyed it, and we all had a great time.... although I think I might try to go on a Sunday next time, or earlier in the day on a Saturday!!!
After skating we decided the night was still young, and Blake and I were kind of hungry so we all decided to go to Village Inn... That was the most interesting experience I have ever had at a Village Inn. We saw a bunch of adults dressed up in Animal Costumes...they call themselves the Furries. Don't ask just google em!!


1 comment:
Looks like you all had a blast. Blake is so funny! She is all smiles!
Post a Comment